You can use multiple accounts in Windows 10. Some of these have password protection while others may not. If the computer is turned off after using one of the accounts that do not have password protection, the last account used without a password will be automatically logged in at the next startup. Normally, in Windows 10 with such multiple accounts, the system should wait at the login screen and proceed by logging in to the desired user.
Here we are, today, we will show you how to turn off Windows 10 auto sign-in. Moreover, permanently!
Canceling automatic sign-in to Windows 10 multiple accounts
1. [/ su_highlight] Press the Windows logo key + R keys on your keyboard at the same time and type regedit in the resulting Run window and press Enter .
2. [/ su_highlight] Expand Computer in the left pane and navigate to the following location:
3. [/ su_highlight] When you move to this location , double click on the Enabled value in the right pane and 1 will appear as Value data . 1 instead of 0 , type OK ‘Click ( click for an example screenshot ).
This is the process that should normally be done. However, the system automatically restores this value in the registry every time. We will do a series of actions to prevent the system from automatically changing this value:
1. [/ su_highlight] Right click on the UserSwitch in the left pane of the registry and select Permissions ….
2. [/ su_highlight] Click on Advanced in the window that opens , and a new window called Security Settings for UserSwitch will open.
3. [/ su_highlight] In the window that opens, click on Disable Inheritance . You will be presented with two questions, choose the one above.
4. [/ su_highlight] When you look at the Responsible column in the permission entries , double click the user group named Administrators (COMPUTER-NAME \ Administrators) .
5. [/ su_highlight] In the new window that opens, click on Show advanced permissions to the right of the window to make all the permissions appear and check all the boxes that appear. In the same window, notice that the option opposite Type at the top is Allow . Click on OK to close this window and return to the previous window.
6. [/ su_highlight] Now back to the Security Settings window for UserSwitch , when you look at the Responsible column in the Permission entries , double click the user group named SYSTEM and Do the opposite of things. Revoke all permissions (i.e. uncheck them) but leave the check box named Set value . Click on OK after selecting Do n’t Allow from the opposite of the Type (if asked any questions, confirm it).
7. [/ su_highlight] Close all windows by clicking OK and restart the computer .
8. [/ su_highlight] Done. We have now completed the Windows 10 automatic sign-in shutdown process. If you wish, log in to an account with no password and test it by turning your computer off and on. You will see that Windows does not go forward from the user account login screen.
19 thoughts on “Cancel Automatic Logon to End User Logged In in Windows 10”
always i used to read smaller articles that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reading here. Isis Andras Cordle
Good post. I certainly love this site. Continue the good work! Delia Truman Lesser
So much fun and delicious! Loved making these! Such a great play on holiday bark! Dre Dwight Archambault
Absolutely composed subject material, appreciate it for entropy. Alice Erasmus Groome
naturally like your web site however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Veronike Prentice Nanete
This message is directly to me. No doubt. I have been called and yet I have ignored. I am ready to tap into your anointing by joining your mission. What is the way, Boss? Dorthy Reade Spalla
This brings up some great points-however I notice you are skimming details. I hope to see you clarify some things, because you are an informative blogger and I like reading your posts. Elane Yankee Wilkinson
This paragraph is truly a pleasant one it assists new net users, who are wishing in favor of blogging. Ula Zachariah Tran
I regard something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks. Virginie Sherman Curt
Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Many thanks for providing this information. Natalina Vaclav Idalia
Hi friends, its fantastic paragraph regarding cultureand fully explained, keep it up all the time.| Gwendolin Jayme Rebecka
One of my recent moments was when I made canadian bacon for the first time. I have never met anyone who makes it homemade and realized how incredibly easy it was. Not to mention the flavor. No more store bought C. B. for me!! Jammie Tristam Kirstyn
If you are going for best contents like I do, only visit this website daily as it offers quality contents, thanks Kessia Cos Wernsman
I am really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any tips to help fix this problem? Louise Job Nila
Howdy very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. Sabra Car Onida
Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological globe all is existing on net?| Ernesta Clarence Samara
When I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. Perhaps there is an easy method you can remove me from that service? Cheers! Dredi Dimitri Marjory
Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Appreciate it! Lucilia Georg Raquel
Wow, fantastic weblog format! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging glance easy. The overall look of your web site is fantastic, let alone the content material! Alissa Nikolos Odab