Finding Computer Serial Number
Knowing the computer serial number is more important than you think. This number, which helps us in many issues, is necessary for our computer in vital transactions. These;
- Troubleshoot a problem of devices connected to your home network and your organization
- Ordering spare parts.
- Checking the warranty information.
- When you need to contact the technical support of the computer you are using, you should check the serial number of the computer and it is important that you know how to do this.
How to Find Computer Serial Number?
There are three methods we have mentioned below to find out the serial number of your Windows 10 computer in the easiest way.
- The easiest way to learn the serial number of your laptop or desktop computer is that it is written on the sticker pasted under it. But over time, these writings are deleted and become unreadable.
- In this case, you can see your serial number where it is called UEFI on your motherboard, but it may be difficult to check and look at UEFI.
- For cases where we can’t find either of these two options, you need to use PowerShell and Command Prompt (CMD) . In this way, you can find out the computer serial number in Windows 10.
How to Find Computer Serial Number Using Command Prompt So CMD?
With Command Prompt, CMD , you can easily find out the serial number of your Windows 10 computer. Here are the steps you need to do:
- First , press the Windows+R key.
- When the Run screen opens, type “ cmd ” where it says Open and press Enter.
- A black Command Prompt will appear on the screen.
- Type ‘ wmic bios get SerialNumber ‘ code on the screen and press Enter.
- After this process, the serial number learning process on Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers will be completed.
Also, if you want to export the serial number of your Windows 10 computer, you should enter the wmic bios get SerialNumber > PATH \ TO \ EXPORT command and press Enter.
How to Find Windows 10 Computer Serial Number Using PowerShell?
You can easily find out the serial number of your Windows 10 computer using PowerShell. To learn this way, follow these steps;
- Press the Start button of your computer .
- Search by typing PowerShell in the search bar.
- Click on the result and run as administrator.
- Then ‘ Get-WmiObject win32_bios | Type select Serialnumber ‘ code and press Enter. Confirm the computer serial number that appears.
You can also ‘ Get-WmiObject win32_bios | You must enter the command select Serialnumber > PATH\TO\EXPORT and press Enter.
You do not need to download any application to learn the serial number of your Windows 10 computer, and you can learn it so easily.