Installing an XAPK file is not as easy as installing an APK. In any case, there is nothing to worry about because you only have to follow through with all the steps to be able to use any app or game.
If you’re dealing with an XAPK file and you try to install it, you’ll get an error message. To properly upload this type of file to Android, you have to use a special type of installer as Android cannot recognize them .
First and foremost, and if you’re running a version lower than Android 8.0, you’ll need to enable the installation of apps from sources other than Google Play (if you have Android 8 or higher, you can skip them first steps as the OS will ask you later) To do this, grab your phone and access your operating system’s Settings .
- Go to Android settings
- Access the Configuration section.
- Find Security options through settings
- Look for the Enable installation of apps from unknown sources option and activate it by sliding the switch to the right.
- Open Unknown Sources.
We also recommend that you disable the Google Play Protect function. To do this, log into the Google Play Store and hit the icon shown by the three horizontal lines at the top left of the search bar.
- Open Google Play’s options menu
- Select Play Protect from the list .
- Access to Play Protect in Google Play options
- Press the gear-looking button in the upper right corner.
- Access Play Protect settings
- Tap on Scan device for security threats to disable this function .
- Disable threat scanning
- Confirm your choice in the popup window by pressing OK.
- Confirm deactivation
After completing these previous steps, start the download by pressing the Download button for the XAPK installation process .
When the download is complete, press Open on the on-screen notification or search for the file in your download folder and tap on it to start the installation.
When asked if you want to install the app on your phone, hit Install in the lower right corner .
- Run the XAPK Installer setup
- You will probably need to grant access permissions to photos, multimedia and files. Just do it.
- Grant permissions to the XAPK Installer
- You will see a list of all APK and XAPK files detected in the system. Search for the app you want to install and hit Install on the right .
Now you can use your new app in XAPK format without further complications, XAPK Installer will become one of your must-have apps from now on.