How to Know if the Number is Blocked
How to find who blocked my number
Finding out if someone has blocked you can be an uncomfortable process. If you think you’ve been blocked and need to confirm it one way or another, you can do so by calling your contact several times and listening to how the call ended. If you notice that the person has blocked you and you keep calling them, the person may report you for harassment.
1.Call the person you suspect has blocked you.
You can’t usually tell if someone has blocked you by sending a message; so you have to call him.
2.Listen to how the call ends.
If the call ends after one ring (or in some cases, after half a ring) and you’re being diverted to voicemail, you’ve either been blocked or the person’s phone has run out of battery.
- Depending on the contact’s carrier, you may hear a message that the contact cannot be reached.
- If the person answers your call, of course you are not blocked.
3.Call your contact again to verify.
Sometimes even if there is no problem and your phone is not blocked, the call may fall on voicemail; redialing confirms the end of the call.
- If your call ends after one ring or less and goes to the answering machine, the person has definitely run out of battery or has blocked their call.
You can do this by typing “#31#” before the contact’s phone number. While you might not expect anyone to pick up a call from a hidden number, this will verify the status of the person’s phone:
- If the call is going normally (five or more rings), your contact has blocked your number.
- If the call continues to drop after one ring or less and drop to the answering machine, the person’s phone is out of charge.