Meta’s messaging platform is constantly evolving to adapt to users’ needs. Image feature improvements include a feature for full or partial pixelation of photos. With it we can censor the images before sending them to someone else without having to leave the chat. Want to know where this feature is and how to use it?
Guide to pixelate images on WhatsApp without external apps
Do you want Hide sensitive information from an image, before sending it to a WhatsApp contact? Now you can do that directly from the platform without the need for an external editor. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp and select one of the chats.
- tap that Camera icon in the bottom bar.
- Select the picture you want to send and tap on it pen icon.
- Choose the fourth option in the bottom menu and swipe your finger over the parts of the image you want to pixelate.
- Once you are satisfied with the result, you can tap on the OK button in the top left corner and finally on the Submit button.
Steps to pixelate photos in WhatsApp
WhatsApp also allows us Censor images with colored strokes and freehand. For this we do not have to select the fourth option in the bottom menu of the editor, but one of the other three.
Color brush tool to hide elements of a photo in WhatsApp
They are all used to with splashes of color to cover certain parts of an image, differing in the size of the brush. The advantage of this method of smudging is that you can choose the color you want from the palette.