If you accidentally deleted a document, you’re probably wondering how to recover deleted files in windows 11. In this guide, you’ll find all the methods you can use to do just that. Here we go!
Recover deleted files in Windows 11: all methods
There are different possibilities, recover deleted files in windows 11. It depends on how they were deleted or how long ago they were deleted.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Recycle Bin in Windows 11
As in previous versions, the latest version of Microsoft operating system also has a section called Recycle Bin. Files deleted from File Explorer end up here, with the following exceptions
- If you pressed the Shift key while deleting the article the file was permanently deleted.
- If the file is more than 10% of the total size of the partition it is in, takes. In this case, Windows has informed you that it is not possible to move the file to the Recycle Bin and has asked you if you want to permanently delete it.
If you’re lucky and your file is still in the trash, a single click is all it takes to restore it
If the document is actually in the Trash, you can recover it like this:
- Open the Recycle Bin from the desktop or by using the search function.
- Right-click the item you want to restore.
- Click on Restore or Restore.
- The file will be returned to its original folder.
How to recover deleted files in Windows 11 with backups
If you’ve made backups using the tool included with Windows 11, restoring your files is easy.
Restoring files from a previous backup is very easy thanks to the tool.
How can I restore deleted files in Windows 11 from a backup? That’s how it works:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to System and Security and then click Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- Make sure you have connected the device you used to create the backups. Then click Restore my files.
- In the wizard you see on the screen, add the folders you want to restore. It’s as simple as selecting the root folder of the drive where the copies were made.
- Follow the steps to restore the original location.
How to Recover Deleted Files in Windows 11 with Recuva
In case you permanently deleted a file and don’t have a backup, Recuva is a good tool to try to recover it. It’s not effective in all cases, but it can bail you out more than once. Download the latest version of Malavida and install the tool on your computer.
Then activate All Files (or another more specific option) to list all files that can be recovered.
You can choose what type of content you want Recuva to scan.
Specify a path that Recuva to search, or select the first option to search the entire computer.
Set the location where Recuva should search for deleted files
Activate the option Enable Deep Scann to perform a deeper scan. This can be useful if you deleted the file a long time ago. To start, click Start.
A good way to recover all types of files is to enable a Deep Sca
Select the file you want to recover from the list and click Restore.
You can select a file from the list to try to recover it with Recuva.
The application will ask you where to send the recovered item.