How to recover deleted text messages iphone
How to recover deleted text messages on iphone
This siberkalem teaches you how to restore recently deleted messages to your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud backup. Although using a backup will usually restore deleted messages, data (such as texts) after the selected backup is also deleted.
1.Open iTunes on the computer. It is a white application with a colorful musical note on it.
- If prompted to click Download iTunes , click it before continuing. You must restart your computer during this process.
2.Connect your iPhone to your computer. Connect your iPhone’s charging cable to the iPhone and the computer’s USB port.
- Some Mac computers do not have a USB port; but you can buy a USB converter for these computers.
3.Click the “Device” icon. It’s an iPhone-shaped icon in the upper-left side of the iTunes window. Clicking it opens the “Summary” page.
4.Click Restore Backup . This button is on the right side of the “Backups” section near the top of the page.
- If prompted, turn off “Find My iPhone” before continuing.
- You’d better create a new backup first; so you can return to the current state of your phone later. Click Back Up Now to create a new backup .
5.Click the box next to “iPhone Name” when prompted. You’ll see a drop-down menu appear.
6.Click on a backup date. There must be a date when their deleted messages are still on the phone.
7.Click Restore . It’s on the right side of the “Backups” section of the page. So the iPhone starts to back up.
- If your chosen backup is password protected, enter the password first.
- You may need to update your iPhone’s software before iTunes can restore your iPhone.
8.Wait for the restore to finish. When finished, you should be able to see your deleted messages in the Messages app, a green app with a white speech bubble.
- You should periodically back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes to make it easy to access old data when it’s lost or deleted from your iPhone.
- After reaching the aforementioned messages, you can restore your iPhone to its last state by restoring from the last backup. You will still lose access to messages; but you can get around this by taking a screenshot of the messages and uploading them to a cloud service (like Google Drive or iCloud).
- Avoid purchasing or downloading third-party software to recover messages or iMessages; such programs are generally unreliable.