Both smartphone and computer users can forget the interface password of the modem they are connected to after a while. We share with you what needs to be done especially for those who cannot access the modem interface, which must be entered in order to change the modem settings or change the Wi-Fi password of the modem.
Solution 1: Re-accessing the password
- If you forgot your modem’s password, the first thing you should do is remember whether you changed the password or not.
- If you can’t find a solution after trying your passwords on different sites, you should consider the possibility that you have never changed the password.
- In this sense, almost every brand and model has its own default modem interface username and password .
- This user and password can be found on the back of your modem, as well as the panel user name and password in the user’s manual of the device .
- If you can’t get results from both, you can access the default username and password by entering the official web page of the modem. Generally , easy combinations are used such as admin/admin, admin/password, admin/1234 or leaving the password blank after entering the admin username. You can also try these.
Solution 2: Resetting the password completely
- If you have changed the panel password of your modem and you cannot log in with the default user name and password , the only thing you can do at this stage is to reset the modem to its factory settings.
- The biggest mistake that users make here is this: By unplugging and plugging the modem or by pressing the On/Off buttons on the back, you will not have returned the modem to its factory settings.
- When users forget their modem password, the only thing they can do is reset the modem to its factory settings . Usually only one method is used for this.
- As you can see from the image above, there is a pinhole-sized reset button on the back of almost every modem . In some modems, there may not be any inscription on this small hole.
- Press the button in this small hole with the help of a toothpick or needle and do not take your hand off the button until the lights of your modem go out completely and turn on again.
- When the lights of the modem turn on again, you can access the modem’s panel via your browser with the default user name and password.
- What you need to pay attention to here is that your Wi-Fi password will be reset together with the panel password of the modem. When the panel is reset, your default password will be the one on the back of the modem.