iPhone Whatsapp Contact Names Not Appearing (Solution). If you are looking for WhatsApp Contacts to not show on iPhone, you are at the right place.
Here are some of the ways to fix the issue of WhatsApp Contacts Showing Numbers Instead of Names or newly added Contacts not showing in WhatsApp on iPhone and iPad.
iPhone Whatsapp Contact Names Not Appearing
iPhone Whatsapp Contact Names Not Appearing. The most common reason for new WhatsApp Contacts not showing on iPhone is because WhatsApp does not have access to the Contacts List on your iPhone.
While it is possible to use WhatsApp without allowing the app to access your Contacts , you will eventually run into issues like new Contacts not showing in WhatsApp and WhatsApp showing Numbers instead of Contact Names.
So, let’s go ahead and have a look at the steps to fix the issue of WhatsApp Contacts not showing or WhatsApp showing Numbers and not Contact Names.
Update WhatsApp Manually
- The first step is to make sure you are using the latest updated version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and tap on the Updates option in the submenu
On the Updates screen, tap the Update button next to WhatsApp.
Note: The Update option is only available if there is an Update for WhatsApp.
Allow WhatsApp to Access Contacts on iPhone
To view Contacts in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp needs to access the Address book on your iPhone. Follow the steps below to make sure WhatsApp has access to Conatcts on your iPhone.
- Open Settings on your iPhone , scroll down and tap on Privacy .
- On the Privacy screen, tap on People .
- On the communication screen, move the toggle next to the ON position for WhatsApp .
- This allows WhatsApp to access Contacts on your iPhone and use this data to display Contact Names in WhatsApp Messages.
Show All Contacts
You may have added the new Contact to the Hidden Contact Group on your iPhone. Follow the steps below to view all Contacts on your Android Phone including those in Hidden Contact Groups.
- Open the Contacts App on your iPhone and tap on the Groups option located at the top left corner of your screen .
- On the Groups screen, make sure all Contact Groups are selected if you haven’t tapped Show All Contacts .
- This will make WhatsApp show all Contacts including those in the Hidden Contact Group.
Add Phone Number in Full International Format
If your International Contacts are not appearing in WhatsApp, make sure to add the Contact’s phone number in full International Format.
To add an international number to your phone’s address book, always start with the + plus sign followed by the Country Code and Phone number.