If you’re moving from an iPhone or iPad to an Android device, chances are it’s pre-installed and using an iCloud email address.
It requires you to have a Google account (Gmail) for Android devices , but you may want to continue using your iCloud account for email. Here’s how to add your iCloud email address on Android .
How to add iCloud email address to Android?
Since Apple has enabled two-factor authentication (2FA) by default in your iCloud account, the easiest way to set up your iCloud email on your Android device is to first create an app-specific password for your iCloud email address.
How to create an app-specific password for your iCloud account
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera etc.) on your computer .
- Appleid.apple.co my address , go and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click Generate Password … under the Security section .
- Type a Name for the password . For example: “You can have an Android Email address “
- Click create .
Make a note of the password created . You will need it to set up your iCloud email on your Android phone.
How to add your iCloud email address to your Android phone?
- Go to your Android device’s Settings app.
- Tap Cloud and Accounts (this may vary depending on your phone. Ex: Accounts).
Tap Accounts .
- Tap Add Account at the bottom .
- Tap Personal (IMAP access) . With the Gmail logo next to it.
- Enter your iCloud email address .
- Tap Next .
- Enter the private password you created in your web browser .
Tap Next .
Your iCloud email account will now appear in your account list and you will be able to access your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.