How To Transfer photos, sms, contacts and notes from iPhone to Android
Contacts, Calendar and Photos
Google Drive is the easiest way to transfer your iOS contacts, calendar and photos to Android. Download the Google Drive app from the App Store and go to Settings > Backup. Here you can start the backup process after making sure that the Contacts, Calendar and Photos entries are selected. Your calendar entries will be uploaded to Google Calendar, your contacts to Google Contacts, and your photos to Google Photos. They will then be automatically synced to your Android phone.
On the other hand, the Google Drive app does not work perfectly. You may not encounter any errors while backing up your photos and calendar. But things don’t always go perfectly when it comes to backing up your contacts. The Drive app looks like the backup is taking too long and crashes on the last item after waiting for hours. However, your contacts are backed up.
One of the problems that may occur after backup is duplicate entries. You can also fix them directly in Android or via Google Contacts. For example, when you enter Google Contacts, you can find duplicate contacts by clicking “Copies” on the left.
You can use the backup you made with iTunes to transfer SMS messages from iPhone. Your backup file must be unencrypted for this process!
- First, find the iTunes backup. To do this, go to C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync.
- Search here with Ctrl + F to find the file named 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 .
- This file contains the SMS in your phone. Copy the file and transfer it to your Android device.
- Install the iSMS2droid application on your Android device.
- Select the SMS backup file you copied by saying Select File .
- If you want to import all SMS, select Import All .
- When the process is finished, all your messages will be transferred to Android.
There isn’t yet an easy way to import notes you take on iPhone into Google’s note-taking service, Keep. Here is the simplest thing you can do:
- Go to iCloud.com and switch to Notes: https://www.icloud.com/#notes2/
- Open Google Keep in another tab: https://keep.google.com/
- You can copy your notes from iCloud to Keep.