The list of minimum requirements for Windows 10 is as follows:
- processor. The computer’s processor must have a minimum frequency of 1 GHz or more. System-on-a-Chip (SoC) is also supported.
- RAM. Your computer must have 1GB of RAM if your processor is a 32-bit processor, or 2GB if you’re using the 64-bit version.
- storage space. Windows needs 16 GB to run in the 32-bit version. On the other hand, if you’re using the 64-bit version, you’ll need at least 32 GB of disk space.
- graphic card. The graphics card must support DirectX 9 or higher and have a WDDM 1.0 driver.
- advertisement. The minimum resolution of your screen must be 800×600 pixels.
- internet connection. Although an internet connection is not essential, it is necessary to keep the operating system up to date.
This list of features refers to the minimum requirements that Windows 10 can even work with. However, if you want to perform well, recommend wir you to choose components that far exceed these requirements.
It is also very important that you choose current technologies. For example, if you use a solid-state drive, or SSD, instead of a traditional hard drive, an HDD, the data transfer speed will increase significantly. This way Windows 10 will be able to run much faster.
Keep in mind that these minimum requirements may change over time. With each new update, Microsoft adds new functions and features to its operating system. In some cases it may require more powerful equipment with more modern components. When the time comes, you will have to change your PC or upgrade its performance in one of the points mentioned in the list.