Many Android users get the error ” Your device is not compatible with this version ” when trying to download certain Android apps from Google Play Store .
This error can be really frustrating as Google Play Store is the official app source for Android powered devices where you can safely download, install and run apps. While there are many other third-party sources that allow you to manually install apps on Android, these resources are not recommended as they can compromise the privacy and security of your Android powered device.
If you are one of those who encountered the above error while trying to download apps from Google Play Store, below is an article on how to fix ” Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Version ” in Google Play Store errors .
What is causing the error “Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Version” in Google Play Store?
Before using various methods to fix the Google Play Store error “Your device is not compatible with this version”, it is important that you understand exactly what causes this error.
You may be getting the error mentioned above for many reasons.
- The most common reason for getting the above error message when trying to download apps from Google Play Store may be that your current Android device is running on an older Android version.
Generally, for most of the Android apps in the Google Play Store, your Android device must be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher. So, make sure you check the minimum required Android version of the app you want to install on your Android device.
- Another reason for the error displayed is that your device’s hardware is not supported by the app. This can also happen when different device manufacturers prefer different chipset and other hardware components that are not quite popular. Application developers are at times interested in optimizing their applications only for popular chipsets.
How to fix “Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Version” in Google Play Store?
If you are sure that the two cases mentioned above are not the cause of the error occurring on your Android device, it could be due to some error in your Android device or the Google Play Store app.
You encounter the Google Play Store error n ” Your device is not compatible with this herd ” easily the different methods are given below to help you fix:
- Remove Google Play Store from running in the background of your Android device.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device .
- Click on ” Application Manager “.
- Then find the ” Google Play Services ” list and click it.
- ” Clear Cache ” button.
Restart the Google Play Store app. The error should now be resolved.
If the above method doesn’t work, check the method below to remove the error:
- Go to the Settings app on your device .
- Click on ” Application Manager “.
- Find ” Google Play Store ” and click it.
- ” Updates Remove ” button.
- Click the ” OK ” button.
This will remove any recent updates from the Google Play Store that might be causing the error.
This is another method to resolve the ” Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Version ” error in Google Play Store :
- Go to the Settings app on your Android device and click the option that says ” Application Manager “.
- Find ” Google Play Services ” from the list of apps and click it.
- Click the ” Uninstall Updates ” button and then click ” OK “.
In method 2 we tried to clear the updates in the Google Play Store app, while in this method we are trying to resolve the error by uninstalling the updates in the Google Play Services app.
To apply this method to fix the error, your Android device must be rooted .
- Download the Market Helper APK file for Android from here and install it on your Android device.
- Launch the application on your Android device.
- From the drop-down list, choose the options provided for the latest Android devices from your device’s manufacturer.
- Click the ” Enable ” button and allow the root permissions the application may ask for.
- Wait until the ” Successfully Activated ” message appears in the app .
- Launch Google Play Store app and download any app you want.
If you get the error ” This item is not available in your current country “, install a VPN app from the Google Play Store , connect the VPN, and try again to download the same app that was giving the error.
The method below is more preferred on Samsung Android devices. However, if the steps mentioned below can be executed on your Android device from any manufacturer, you can try it. The method below also requires root on your device .
- Check it online and find the exact model number of the latest Android device released by your device’s manufacturer. The model number must be on an Android device available in your location. Copy the exact model number.
- Download and install the ES File Explorer app from Play Store to your Android device.
- Launch the ES File Explorer application.
- Under the tools section of the application, enable the ” Root Explorer ” and ” Show Hidden Files ” features.
- Now find a file named ” System ” at the bottom of the page named “/” .
- Find a file named “build.prop” and rename it to “xbuild.prop”.
- Copy the renamed file and paste the file into the SD storage of your Android device.
- Open this copied file using the ES Note Editor application.
- Once the file is opened, enter the model number you copied in Step 1 after the following commands:
“ro.product.model = enter model number here”
“ro.product.name = enter model number here”
“ro.product.device = enter model number here”
“Ro.build.product = enter model number here”
- Now, enter the newest Android version numbers after “ro.build.version.release =”.
- Save all the changes you have made.
- Now go back to the “/” page and the “System” file inside.
- Find the “Xbuild.prop” file and rename it to “build.prop”.
- Copy and paste to SD storage.
- Now change the permissions of the file. Allow “Read” permission for “Owner”, “Group” and “Other”, “Write” only for “Owner” and not “Execute” permission to any of them.
- Save the changes and restart your device.
Try to download apps from Google Play Store; the error needs to be fixed. Now if you get the error “The Item is Not Available in Your Country “, download and install a VPN app run.